Energy Savings Tools
CFL Rebate Offer
Piedmont Electric’s CFL (compact fluorescent lights) rebate program gives you 50 cents for each CFL bulb a member buys. All you need to do is send the receipt(s) to the Cooperative.
That’s 50¢ per bulb.
(Maximum rebate per year is $15.)
The following information must be on the receipts:
- The full name of the Piedmont Electric member
- Piedmont Electric account number
- A daytime telephone number
- The complete mailing address
- The type and number of bulbs bought if not shown on the receipt
Receipts must be dated within six months of the submission date.
Send your receipts to:
P. O. Drawer 1179
Hillsborough, NC 27278
You may also include them in your bill payment envelope.
Solar Water Heater Rebate
Alternative energy is good for the environment and your wallet. Piedmont Electric offers a $500 rebate to members who install a solar water heater with an electric heater back-up.
Why Install Solar?
- Pollution Free
- Powered by the Sun
- You must receive electric service from Piedmont Electric. The unit must have been newly installed (after January 1, 2009) for the rebate.
- Verification of the system must be performed by a Piedmont Electric employee before a rebate is issued.
- Member must sign an agreement which allows the Cooperative the right to all environmental attributes produced from the solar water heating system for the life of the system in exchange for the rebate.
- Systems must be installed by a contractor who is certified to install solar water heaters, and who has all required NC licenses and certificates.
Solar water heating systems may also be eligible for state and federal tax incentives.
Visit www.dsireusa.org for more details.
Visit Piedmont Electric’s website at www.pemc.org for full information.
Electric Water Heater Efficiency Kits
Installing an insulating blanket on your electric water heater is one of the most effective energy-saving projects you can perform.
A $15 water heater efficiency kit can save you $70 to $100 annually. This kit can pay for itself in less than two months. Plus, you get a free water conservation kit with the purchase of the water heater blanket kit.
The blanket alone will reduce standby heat loss by 25-40%. The water heater kit includes:
- Electric Water Heater Blanket
- Pipe Insulation
- A Kitchen Faucet Aerator
- Two Regular Faucet Aerators
- An Energy-Efficient Showerhead
To keep your water hot, order a kit by calling Piedmont Electric at 800.222.3107, or visit one of the Cooperative’s offices in Hillsborough, Roxboro or Caswell County.
Energy Efficiency & Renewable Loan
Members interested in financing the purchase and installation of an energy efficient electric heat pump and/or replacing poorly insulated doors and windows may be interested in Piedmont Electric’s Energy Efficiency and Renewable Loan Program.
The Energy Efficiency and Renewable Loan Program is also available for solar water heaters, solar panels and energy efficient central cooling systems.
The Cooperative has experienced personnel who can check your home’s energy efficiency and make recommendations for improvements. This is a free service available to all member-consumers.
Approved Piedmont Electric members may borrow up to $10,000 for seven years at 5% interest.
Visit Piedmont Electric’s website at www.pemc.org for more information, or send a request to email@example.com.
Commercial & Industrial Consumers
Commercial and industrial members looking for ways to manage energy use more efficiently may sign up for Questline, a free service provided by Piedmont Electric.
Questline offers information which can point members in the right direction by providing tools that calculate costs to upgrade lighting, motors, HVAC systems and more. You can even compare your operations with others in your specific industry.
- Ask An Expert
- View Newsletters
- Latest Energy News
- Calculator Tools
- Benchmark Tools
- Free downloadable Energy Posters
Sign up Today!